We have always been innovators, with a history of introducing new kinds of clothes and developing our own unique fabrics.
Today we draw on our rich heritage to create clothes that are both timeless and modern. Sunspel has always been a peculiar combination of tradition and innovation.
The company is based in Long Eaton, near Nottingham, in the factory we have occupied for the best part of a century. We continue to draw on the traditional clothing techniques and expertise of the Nottingham area where the company was founded back in 1860. We also have offices in London, where the marketing, online and wholesale team reside.
We are always on the lookout for interested, knowledgeable individuals with a passion for craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. If you’d like to speculatively send through your CV, we’ll always consider you when a suitable position does become available.
If you think you’d be a positive addition to our store team, you can email your CV to: [email protected]
Menswear Designer (Long Eaton, Nottingham)
Sunspel makes beautiful, everyday clothing that forms the foundation of the modern luxury wardrobe. We have been handcrafting garments and innovating unique fabrics in the UK for over 160 years, building a global reputation for uncompromising quality, timeless design and luxury fabrics. We believe in making clothes with care. We care about where we source our materials from, the people we work with and the quality of everything we do.
Our timeless wardrobe classics are a part of Britain’s cultural heritage. We made some of the world’s earliest T-shirts in the late 1800s, introduced the Boxer Short to the UK in 1947, and our Riviera Polo Shirt was tailored for the ultimate icon of British style, James Bond. Over recent years we have grown our range into a full collection and the role of the menswear designer is to tastefully build on this maintaining quality at the centre of everything we do.
We are looking for a Menswear designer to push forward our collection. To be based in our design studio in Long Eaton adjacent to our Factory and home to our extensive archive dating back to the early 1900’s. The candidate would have an understanding of quality and timeless design but also conscious of trends and styles that will keep our collection fresh and relevant.
The role would report into the Creative Director and work closely with the marketing and technical teams in delivering good quality product and press content.
- Fully responsible for the Menswear collection from concept and colour to design, fabrication and fit. To report into the Creative Director and ensure the collection complements our Icon Products but also pushes forward to be relevant to current customer needs. To be confident to present the range in meetings and store training.
- To spec up styles and be able to hand over to our Technical department, a good attention to detail is key. The role is across all areas of Menswear and Accessories from Jersey and Knit to Outerwear and Underwear, so a broad experience across product areas would be beneficial.
- To work as part of the Design Team on research into themes, colour, collaboration opportunities and new techniques; creation of mood boards and development of seasonal colour/stripe/print direction for the Sunspel Collections.
- To ensure all collection boards, visual range plans and information are kept updated and clear. To ensure that the Design Team communicate correct and updated information to all channels throughout the company.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to identify key marketing stories relevant for Menswear and have a key interest in our social channels.
- Any other related duties, not specified above, as outlined by your Line Manager and required to support the running of the design studio.
- University degree with a focus on Menswear
- 4+ years experience within a brand focusing on Menswear
- The role will be based in the design studio in Long Eaton with hours of 9 – 5, Monday to Friday
- Possible travel may be required with the role, to visit stores / factories
- Applicant needs to be incredibly efficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]