We have always been innovators, with a history of introducing new kinds of clothes and developing our own unique fabrics.
Today we draw on our rich heritage to create clothes that are both timeless and modern. Sunspel has always been a peculiar combination of tradition and innovation.
The company is based in Long Eaton, near Nottingham, in the factory we have occupied for the best part of a century. We continue to draw on the traditional clothing techniques and expertise of the Nottingham area where the company was founded back in 1860. We also have offices in London, where the marketing, online and wholesale team reside.
We are always on the lookout for interested, knowledgeable individuals with a passion for craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. If you’d like to speculatively send through your CV, we’ll always consider you when a suitable position does become available.
If you think you’d be a positive addition to our store team, you can email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchandiser - Maternity Cover (Long Eaton, Nottingham)
Sunspel is an authentic British clothing brand with a textile’s heritage going back 150 years. The company originated as a manufacturer of jersey underwear and boxer shorts, and still runs its original UK factory in Long Eaton, Nottingham producing finest quality cotton T-Shirts. The brand now extends to a full range of wardrobe essentials from shirting to outerwear, with exceptional quality and stylish, simple design at its core. It now has five stores in London, and stores in Berlin and Tokyo. It is stocked in various luxury international retailers and has a thriving online business.
Range Building/Management and Planning
- Deliver the Merchandising critical path in terms of timely planning and forecasting at product and product category level.
- Develop and agree departmental plans with Senior Management and Finance team, implementing agreed departmental strategy.
- Responsible for delivering financial results (Sales, Margin, Inventory, Turnover)
- Drive revenue growth by ensuring inventory budget are allocated efficiently based on sales trends; improving inventory turnover.
- Execute inventory planning processes including category planning, OTB management, Reorders, Clearance/Markdowns etc.
- Monitor KPI performance against plan.
- Reforecast sales and stock based on current performance.
- Review and analyse sales for quarterly planning/seasonal planning.
- Work closely alongside Design/Production teams in planning seasons.
- Prepare weekly reporting for the business product trading review.
- Prepare, present and discuss sales analysis with recommended actions to Retail & Online Channel heads.
- Review stock movements on a weekly basis in-line with sales performance.
- Identify sales opportunity within categories and take appropriate action.
Stock Allocation and Management
- Manage product lifecycle, including new item planning, promotion management, markdown management.
- Plan stock to an agreed set of KPI’s, Terminal stock, In stock % and Sell thru %
- Ensure high in stock % for all Core and Replenishment lines by liaising with all departments across the business to execute the Forecasting process.
- Support the Retail team by reviewing sales and stocks in stores and maximising sales with feedback and correct stock allocations.
- Support the Online team by reviewing sales and stocks online- to include appropriate stock allocations for campaign activity such as emails etc.
The following skills, qualifications and experience are preferred:
- The ideal candidate will have experience as a Merchandiser
- Strong organisation skills, able to use initiative and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent numerical competency
- Computer literate, proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- Keen attention to detail
- Good teamwork skills, a willingness to participate as a full team member and within the wider business.
- Be able to display a confident and professional style as all times, taking appropriate action to influence the achievement of business goals.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com