Sunspel makes beautiful, everyday clothing that forms the foundation of the modern luxury wardrobe. We have been handcrafting garments and innovating unique fabrics in the UK for over 160 years, building a global reputation for uncompromising quality, timeless design, and luxury fabrics. We believe in making clothes with care. We care about where we source our materials from, the people we work with and the quality of everything we do.
Our timeless wardrobe classics are a part of Britain’s cultural heritage. We made some of the world’s earliest T-shirts in the late 1800s, introduced the Boxer Short to the UK in 1947, and our Riviera Polo Shirt was tailored for the ultimate icon of British style, James Bond. We have several stores in London, Tokyo and New York as well as being stocked in the top wholesalers globally. Over recent years we have grown our range into a full collection, and we are looking to expand our design team with a design Assistant is to support the team in developing future collections.
You will; plan, trade and analyse the Sunspel menswear range across our e-commerce and retail stores. Responsible for managing the stock levels within our stores and warehouses to ensure we potentialize any sales opportunities and reduce any markdown risk. You will be reporting into the Head of Merchandising and will be responsible for managing and developing more junior members of the team. You will work closely with Design, Production, Retail & E-com team and build strong relationships with the Finance, Marketing and Wholesale teams.
- Forecast sales budgets at seasonal and category level, support by analysis and present to directors.
- Range build – Collaborate with design, hit agreed buy budgets, balance historical data with the latest trends.
- Trade – Focus on the best and worst styles, collaborate with all teams within the business to optimize or improve performance.
- Excellent communicator - Share insightful analysis with the brand, presenting to the senior leadership team and influencing the commerciality of the range.
- Manage promotions and sales – Help define the discounting strategy, select lines to reduce and depths.
- Control stock levels within the business - Forecasts stock required to hit sales plans within each channel, ensure critical path deadlines are followed, agree timescales and delivery dates with production, complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Manage the distribution of stock, ensure the allocation strategy achieves the company’s objectives, oversee stock consolidations of fragmented styles.
- Use specialist in-house computer software to oversee sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets, graphs and other data when required to do so.
- Profile customers seasonally, share this information with the wider business.
- Challenge current ways of working, bring new ideas and processes to make us as efficient as possible.
- Any other duties required by your line Manager.
Experience and skills
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in merchandising and be operating at senior AM level or above.
- Experience of strategy creation and execution
- Experience of clothing merchandising essential
- Experienced in range planning
- Experienced in forecasting & managing OTB
- Excellent PC skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have a good understanding of working to critical dates and deadlines.
- Passionate about your work with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own time.
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
This is a full-time role based at EITHER our head office in Long Eaton, Nottingham, OR London.
Travel will be required with the role, to visit stores and factories.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Sunspel makes beautiful, everyday clothing that forms the foundation of the modern luxury wardrobe. We have been handcrafting garments and innovating unique fabrics in the UK for over 160 years, building a global reputation for uncompromising quality, timeless design and luxury fabrics. We believe in making clothes with care. We care about where we source our materials from, the people we work with and the quality of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Store Manager to join our London Retail team.
- Managing the store and employees, creating a positive and motivational environment, encouraging them to generate sales and provide exceptional customer service
- Exceeding store and personal targets and KPIs
- Ensuring the store is always presentable and according to merchandising standards
- Analysing sales and key performance indicators and taking the required actions to drive these
- Reaching out and maintaining a good relationship with local businesses and neighbours
- Administrative duties such as reporting daily sales figures to head office, organising the staff rota and payroll
- Supporting with hiring and team development
- Responsible for store stock management
- Responsible for driving store marketing and VIP client relationships
Experience and skills
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Sales driven and results oriented
- Organised and service minded
- Able to multi-task and delegate tasks
- Excellent written and verbal skills
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]