We created this luxurious style to mark 70 years since Sunspel's own John Hill introduced the Boxer Short to Britain. Cut from authentic Sea Island cotton (Grown in the Caribbean and handpicked by specialists), the Original British Boxer Short has a refined, lustrous appearance thanks to the incredibly fine, extra-long staple cotton yarn.
The design is based on a pair of button fly boxers found in the Sunspel archive. Soft channel construction on the waistband, mother of pearl buttons, and the classic Boxer Short cut.
Product Code: MBOX4711-WHAA
- 100% Sea Island Cotton
- Sourced from the West Indies and Spun in Switzerland
- Gentle wash at 40°C
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry cleanable
- Made in Portugal
- Fits true to size - take your normal size
- Regular Fit
- Back panel and enclosed seams for added comfort
- Elasticated waist
- Open fly
- Model is 6'1" and wears a size Medium
- 1-3 working days for deliveries to the United Kingdom.
- Free for orders over £200.
- £5 for orders below £200.
- For full delivery and returns information, click here.
- Shopping for a loved one? You can add a gift box to your order in the cart.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Payments are accepted via credit card, debit card, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Shop Pay with a valid billing and shipping address
- Accepted cards are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, Maestro and UnionPay
Men's Bottoms - Body Measurements
This chart displays sizes based on body measurements. Use our measuring tips and refer to the sketch below to determine your size.
1. Waist - Pass the tape measure around your natural waistline, at the narrowest point of your waist. The tape measure should sit snugly against your body, but should not be pulled too tight.
2. Hips - Pass the tape measure across your hipbone, around the fullest point of your hips.
Need more help?
If you are unsure of the size required, please contact our Customer Services team.
Sea Island Cotton
Sunspel’s most luxurious garments are crafted from Sea Island cotton, the finest cotton in the world. It’s also the rarest and accounts for just 0.0004% of all the world’s cotton. Sea Island cotton has a longer staple (or fibre) and a finer texture than any other, making it unusually difficult to grow and spin. There is, however, no other cotton that has quite the same extraordinarily soft feel against the skin.
Our long history of working with this remarkable cotton dates back to the 19th century. Today we source our Sea Island cotton from a few small-scale farmers in the Caribbean, and work with specialist technicians in Switzerland to spin and knit our unique fabrics. Sunspel’s Sea Island cotton remains the last word in luxury for underwear, T-shirts, shirts, polo shirts and knitwear.